Saturday, February 26, 2011

....and God said, "Let there be light!"

So, about 6 months ago . . . . . maybe more, I bought a set of LED link-lights for under my kitchen cabinets.  Off to the side of my kitchen I have a section of counter and cabinets.  I call it a side bar . . . my neighbor calls it her " CRAP " counter!! (mostly that describes mine too . . . . it is very cleaned up for this picture )  Well, it's dark over there, especially in the afternoon when the eastern sun is not coming in through the opposite wall of windows.  There is a recessed light in the ceiling adjacent to that, but the ceiling is vaulted . . . . . and so its waaaaaaaaay up there. . . . . not much for work lighting on the counter.  Here is what that space normally looks like.



Needs some task lighting, don't ya think?  so here we go . . . . . . I drilled a hole in the middle of the 2 cabinet sections to run a connector through.


Then I had to screw into the underside of one of the cabinets, the power module base that runs the lights.

Then I connected the lights to each other.  They just plug into each other on the ends.  Then I used the clips that came with the set to hold the lights up under the cabinets.  They attach with little sticky pads.  But the cabinet underside is a bit too shiny a surface so I roughed up each spot with sandpaper so they stick better.  (I learned from a previous project that the sticky stuff does not stay up so well.)   Then I
plugged them in.


Posted by Picasa


And there was LIGHT    !!!  So now my dark-under-the-cabinet side bar looks like
THIS!



. . . and "God saw that the light was good, . . ."

And when I want to find something over there . . . I am one happy woman!  It's the little things in life. . .


. . . coming soon, Making Old Things New Again.

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome! I love it! It looks even better in person. You know I have to copy you now...it did make such a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...